tip comment pollution

  • Charles E Campbell Jr
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
      Hello!

      Looks like the spammers have been adding their pollution to the tips.
      Our (unfortunately) hardworking tip inspectors have been getting rid of
      new spamtips, but the spammers have now started using the "Additional
      Notes" process. I note that many of my own tips seem to have four or
      more pieces of garbage appended. As an example, consider tip#1:
      http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/tip.php?tip_id=1 .

      Can our tip inspectors also elide this form of pollution?

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell
    • Charles Paul
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
        Aloha,

        I see that there is a post on vimonline mailing list about this:

        https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=31341207&forum_id=1699

        Kinda spooky, eh?

        If needed, I'd love to see how I could help out. I have some PHP
        know-how; is there an IRC channel where vimonline people idle?

        Gong Xi Fa Cai (Happy New Years),
        Charles