problem with taglist plugin

  • flyfish
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2007
      hi,

      i have used vim for some days and i would like to use the taglist plugin
      which is very hot in internet, my os is ubuntu 6 and the version of vim is
      7, i downloaded the taglist package and unziped it, then i put the two files
      taglist.vim and the doc file in corresponding places separately, then i open
      vim both in console and gvim, and use :Tlist command, but any of them failed
      and gived me the following message:

      Failed to generate tags for /home/myusername/.vim/plugin/taglist.vim
      ctags: unrecognized option `--format=2'^@^ITry `ctags --help' for a complete
      list of options.^@

      i have searched from google and i also found that i had the file ctags in
      .vim directory, i do not know what to do next, could you give me a favor,
      thank you very much.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2007
        Hi,

        On 1/3/07, flyfish <strugglingman@...> wrote:

        > hi,
        >
        > i have used vim for some days and i would like to use the taglist plugin
        > which is very hot in internet, my os is ubuntu 6 and the version of vim is
        > 7, i downloaded the taglist package and unziped it, then i put the two files
        > taglist.vim and the doc file in corresponding places separately, then i open
        > vim both in console and gvim, and use :Tlist command, but any of them failed
        > and gived me the following message:

        You should use the taglist mailing list for the taglist plugin related
        questions.

        The vim-dev mailing list is used for discussing Vim development.

        > Failed to generate tags for /home/myusername/.vim/plugin/taglist.vim
        > ctags: unrecognized option `--format=2'^@^ITry `ctags --help' for a complete
        > list of options.^@

        The taglist plugin requires exuberant ctags. You cannot use GNU ctags
        with the taglist plugin. Refer to the following FAQ page:

        http://vim-taglist.sourceforge.net/faq.html

        You can download exuberant ctags from:

        http://ctags.sourceforge.net

        - Yegappan