Re: Vim test suite

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2006
      > On 18 Dec 2006, at 15:15 , A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
      >

      >> What is your problem? After I compile Vim, if
      >> src/vim --version |more (on Unix-like systems)
      >> or
      >> src\vim --version |more (on Dos-like systems)
      >> src\gvim
      >> :version
      >> :q
      >>

      > Thanks Tony.
      > I don't have problem with Vim :) I'm doing research on system
      > manageability, and I'm experimenting how an app behaves on different
      > systems/different versions. Vim is sth I use every day, so I thought
      > starting from it.
      > make test is something I really appreciate, since I can run then
      > automatically.
      >
      > I would also need older versions. How to/where from obtain them?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Nikola

      For Windows, Steve Hall's download page
      https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=43866&package_id=39721
      has a number of different patchlevels of 7.0, with a link to "older releases"
      at the bottom.

      Or you can get source distributions (going back as far as 3.0) in .tar.bz2
      format from http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unix/ with additional (non-unix and/or
      non-en-US) files going back to 5.0 (extra) and 6.0 (lang) in .tar.gz format at
      http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/extra/ . As explained in
      http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm and
      http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm , I recommend
      downloading the full (unix+extra+lang) sources regardless of whether or not
      you're on Unix, whether or not you want English messages and menus.

      Note that from time to time, bugs have been identified (and fixed) in the test
      suite too, see the patch descriptions in http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/
      and its subdirectories.