Re: v107m of netrw available -- needs testing!

  • Bill McCarthy
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2006
      On Fri 15-Dec-06 11:08am -0600, Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:

      > I've put a copy of netrw v107m on my website:
      > http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW .

      I see a newer version is now available.

      Testing netrw v107n on WinXP to view a directory c:\util\4nt8.

      When I type :Explore with a directory name:

      :Explore \util\4nt8

      I get a tab called C:\v\u\4nt8 with an empty buffer. Using :redir, I
      see:

      "C:vimvim70\\util\4nt8" [New DIRECTORY]

      However, prepending "c:" causes it to work.

      Trying this (with ending '\'):

      :Explore \util\4nt8\

      Nothing opens and an error message is displayed. :redir shows these 4
      lines:

      Error detected while processing function netrw#Explore..<SNR>34_NetBrowseChgDir:
      line 76:
      E121: Undefined variable: w:netrw_liststyle
      E15: Invalid expression: w:netrw_liststyle == s:TREELIST && exists("w:netrw_treedict")

      Prepending "c:" gives the same error messages and nothing opens.

      Some good news - all of these work fine:

      :Explore /util/4nt8
      :Explore /util/4nt8/
      :e \util\4nt8
      :e \util\4nt8\