Re: multibyte characters in langmap?

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2006
      Valery Kondakoff wrote:
      > Hello, vim-developers!
      >
      > It is still impossible to use multibyte characters in langmaps,
      > when main Vim encoding is set to UTF-8.
      > As far as I remember in mid-october there was a patch submitted by
      > Konstantin Korikov <lostclus@...>, which allows using
      > multibyte characters in langmaps.
      > Will this patch becomes 'official' one?

      According to ":help 'langmap'", the value may be specified using multibyte
      characters but only the lower 8 bits will be used. I suppose some collisions
      might happen; but since keyboards usually have only a hundred keys or so, it
      might be quite possible that each key gives a different lower-8-bits (255
      possibilities) in which case 'langmap' would, I suppose, be usable.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2006
        Valery Kondakoff wrote:

        > Hello, vim-developers!
        >
        > It is still impossible to use multibyte characters in langmaps,
        > when main Vim encoding is set to UTF-8.
        > As far as I remember in mid-october there was a patch submitted by
        > Konstantin Korikov <lostclus@...>, which allows using
        > multibyte characters in langmaps.
        > Will this patch becomes 'official' one?

        This patch probably won't be included soon. Feel free to build Vim with
        it and try it out. Send comments to Konstantin so that he can improve
        the patch.

        --
        Life is a gift, living is an art. (Bram Moolenaar)