Re: enhancing hlsearch

  • Nikolai Weibull
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
      On 12/7/06, Nikolai Weibull <now@...> wrote:
      > On 12/6/06, A.J.Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I think it is doable, but it's not my province really. Some other Vim
      > > old-timers are much more versed than I in the creation of that kind of
      > > "self-undoing" mappings.
      >
      > It can probably be simplified by mapping <CR> in command mode and
      > check if getcmdtype() is '/' or '?' and, if so, call :match as
      > appropriate.

      Hm, you of course need to know how you got /into/ search mode, so that
      you only do this at the appropriate times. Setting a variable and
      checking for it would work, but you have to make sure to unset it if
      the command line is abandoned as well. We need
      CmdLineEnter/CmdLineLeave and v:cmdexecuted or some such, so that we
      can tell if the line was executed or not. Or perhaps even better:
      CmdLineEnter/CmdLineLeave/CmdLineExecutePre/CmdLineExecutePost. With
      the *Pre autocmd one can perhaps change the command line in some way
      before executing it. With *Post one can do stuff after it, like
      :matching. *Leave would be called when it is abandoned, although
      perhaps the name suggests other cases as well?

      Anyway, good night.

      nikolai