about patch 7.0.175

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
      Patch 7.0.175
      Problem: The result of tr() is missing the terminating NUL. (Ingo Karkat)
      Solution: Add the NUL.
      Files: src/eval.c

      *** ../vim-7.0.174/src/eval.c Tue Nov 28 20:54:32 2006
      --- src/eval.c Tue Dec 5 10:30:00 2006
      ***************
      *** 16072,16077 ****
      --- 16072,16081 ----
      ++instr;
      }
      }
      +
      + /* add a terminating NUL */
      + ga_grow(&ga, 1);
      + ga_append(&ga, NUL);

      rettv->vval.v_string = ga.ga_data;
      }
      *** ../vim-7.0.174/src/version.c Tue Nov 28 21:41:19 2006
      --- src/version.c Tue Dec 5 10:32:58 2006
      ***************
      *** 668,669 ****
      --- 668,671 ----
      { /* Add new patch number below this line */
      + /**/
      + 175,
      /**/

      --
      BLACK KNIGHT: I move for no man.
      ARTHUR: So be it!

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
        Hmm, the subject should have been "patch 7.0.175". Remove the "about"!
        Hopefully no scripts got confused by this.

        --
        BLACK KNIGHT: Come on you pansy!
        [hah] [parry thrust]

      • Edward L. Fox
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006

          > Hmm, the subject should have been "patch 7.0.175". Remove the "about"!
          > Hopefully no scripts got confused by this.

          Many scripts will got confused, I think. :-P

          Fortunately I don't use script. I do my job manually because the
          censorship makes the network situation so bad that the script cannot
          handle many unexpected situations.