Re: Debugging errorformat strings

  • Nikolai Weibull
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
      On 11/30/06, Hugh Sasse <hgs@...> wrote:
      > On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
      >
      > > On 11/29/06, Hugh Sasse <hgs@...> wrote:
      > > > This was originally posted to vim@... but I've not
      > > > had a reply. Maybe it's better posted here, anyway. This
      > > > is the concise form of the message. Longer versions are
      > > > in the archives, but I'll explain more if needed.
      > >
      > > Sorry about that. I don't read vim@... because it's
      > > signal-to-noise ratio is just terrible.
      >
      > That's understandable. I'm the same with Ruby-Talk, but because there's
      > too much signal to read.

      Sadly that's what happened to me too.

      > > Also, which version of gcc are you using. I suspect that they changed
      > gcc (GCC) 4.1.0
      >
      > > the error message in the 4.X series, because I'm not getting this
      >
      > I think I saw it before.

      Yes, I recognize that message, but I'm not getting that anymore. With my gcc:

      % gcc --version | head -n 1
      gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 (Gentoo 4.1.1-r3)

      I get

      a.c:11: error: redefinition of 'minimal_function'
      a.c:6: error: previous definition of 'minimal_function' was here

      which works fine with the old format, as the errors are completely
      separate (in the output that is).

      How are you calling gcc? I've done this with plain "gcc <file>" and
      "gcc -Wall <file>" and both give me the same result for this error.

      nikolai