Re: avoiding unneeded buffer scrolling

  • Yakov Lerner
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2006
      On 11/6/06, mzyzik@... <mzyzik@...> wrote:
      > It bothers me how when switching between tabs (gt) or switching between
      > buffers (:bn, :bp), sometimes a buffer will end up being
      > shifted/scrolled up/down within its window.
      >
      > For the occasions that I want to shift the buffer I have keys like "zz"
      > to do this manually. I don't want this to happen automatically. Is there
      > any way to avoid this automatic "shifting" that I'm talking about?

      Yes, Matt, there is.
      Try http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=1379
      "Tip #1375: preserve screen *visual* line when switching buffers"

      Yakov
    • Matt Zyzik
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2006
        Yakov,

        Your tip is great. It fixed the first problem (with :bn, :bp). However, it
        does not take care of the second problem, regarding the tabs.

        In addition, Yakov, I've found some instances where your tip fails to
        work. It must be a bug in vim, because the tip's code looks fine.

        --Matt