Re: warnings: O_NOFOLLOW redefined.

  • maurice barnum
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
      Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> writes:

      : Including fcntl.h was needed in only a few files in the past, that's why
      : it's included in individual .c files. But we might as well move it to
      : vim.h now, since it's used by quite few .c files.

      : Did you try including fcntl.h in vim.h, before the define of O_NOFOLLOW?

      no. that would work, too. i put it in os_unix.h because it seemed to
      be the right place to include a unix specific header and it was
      included by vim.h before the define. it wasn't clear to me when a
      system specific header is included in vim.h, and when it comes from
      os_*.h.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2006
        Maurice Barnum wrote:

        > Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> writes:
        >
        > : Including fcntl.h was needed in only a few files in the past, that's why
        > : it's included in individual .c files. But we might as well move it to
        > : vim.h now, since it's used by quite few .c files.
        > >
        > : Did you try including fcntl.h in vim.h, before the define of O_NOFOLLOW?
        >
        > no. that would work, too. i put it in os_unix.h because it seemed to
        > be the right place to include a unix specific header and it was
        > included by vim.h before the define. it wasn't clear to me when a
        > system specific header is included in vim.h, and when it comes from
        > os_*.h.

        There is no sharp border between what is system specific and what is
        generic C. I think most systems have fcntl.h, thus it's better to put
        it in vim.h.

        Do you mind if I postpone this change until Vim 7.1? You are the first
        to complain thus it doesn't appear to be urgent. And it will change
        many files, it's better to do this in a minor release.

        --
        If you feel lonely, try schizophrenia.