Re: warnings: O_NOFOLLOW redefined.

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
      Pixi Burble wrote:

      > building vim-7.0.152 on freebsd-4.10 results in warnings about
      > O_NOFOLLOW being redefined by vim.h. the attached patch fixes
      > it. i've also compiled with this patch on linux (glibc-2.4),
      > but nowhere else.

      Including fcntl.h was needed in only a few files in the past, that's why
      it's included in individual .c files. But we might as well move it to
      vim.h now, since it's used by quite few .c files.

      Did you try including fcntl.h in vim.h, before the define of O_NOFOLLOW?

      154. You fondle your mouse.

    • maurice barnum
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
        Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> writes:

        : Including fcntl.h was needed in only a few files in the past, that's why
        : it's included in individual .c files. But we might as well move it to
        : vim.h now, since it's used by quite few .c files.

        : Did you try including fcntl.h in vim.h, before the define of O_NOFOLLOW?

        no. that would work, too. i put it in os_unix.h because it seemed to
        be the right place to include a unix specific header and it was
        included by vim.h before the define. it wasn't clear to me when a
        system specific header is included in vim.h, and when it comes from
        os_*.h.
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2006
          Maurice Barnum wrote:

          > Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> writes:
          >
          > : Including fcntl.h was needed in only a few files in the past, that's why
          > : it's included in individual .c files. But we might as well move it to
          > : vim.h now, since it's used by quite few .c files.
          > >
          > : Did you try including fcntl.h in vim.h, before the define of O_NOFOLLOW?
          >
          > no. that would work, too. i put it in os_unix.h because it seemed to
          > be the right place to include a unix specific header and it was
          > included by vim.h before the define. it wasn't clear to me when a
          > system specific header is included in vim.h, and when it comes from
          > os_*.h.

          There is no sharp border between what is system specific and what is
          generic C. I think most systems have fcntl.h, thus it's better to put
          it in vim.h.

          Do you mind if I postpone this change until Vim 7.1? You are the first
          to complain thus it doesn't appear to be urgent. And it will change
          many files, it's better to do this in a minor release.

          --
          If you feel lonely, try schizophrenia.