warnings: O_NOFOLLOW redefined.

  • pixi@burble.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
      building vim-7.0.152 on freebsd-4.10 results in warnings about
      O_NOFOLLOW being redefined by vim.h. the attached patch fixes
      it. i've also compiled with this patch on linux (glibc-2.4),
      but nowhere else.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
        Pixi Burble wrote:

        > building vim-7.0.152 on freebsd-4.10 results in warnings about
        > O_NOFOLLOW being redefined by vim.h. the attached patch fixes
        > it. i've also compiled with this patch on linux (glibc-2.4),
        > but nowhere else.

        Including fcntl.h was needed in only a few files in the past, that's why
        it's included in individual .c files. But we might as well move it to
        vim.h now, since it's used by quite few .c files.

        Did you try including fcntl.h in vim.h, before the define of O_NOFOLLOW?

        154. You fondle your mouse.

      • maurice barnum
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2006
          Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> writes:

          : Including fcntl.h was needed in only a few files in the past, that's why
          : it's included in individual .c files. But we might as well move it to
          : vim.h now, since it's used by quite few .c files.

          : Did you try including fcntl.h in vim.h, before the define of O_NOFOLLOW?

          no. that would work, too. i put it in os_unix.h because it seemed to
          be the right place to include a unix specific header and it was
          included by vim.h before the define. it wasn't clear to me when a
          system specific header is included in vim.h, and when it comes from
          os_*.h.
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2006
            Maurice Barnum wrote:

            > Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> writes:
            >
            > : Including fcntl.h was needed in only a few files in the past, that's why
            > : it's included in individual .c files. But we might as well move it to
            > : vim.h now, since it's used by quite few .c files.
            > >
            > : Did you try including fcntl.h in vim.h, before the define of O_NOFOLLOW?
            >
            > no. that would work, too. i put it in os_unix.h because it seemed to
            > be the right place to include a unix specific header and it was
            > included by vim.h before the define. it wasn't clear to me when a
            > system specific header is included in vim.h, and when it comes from
            > os_*.h.

            There is no sharp border between what is system specific and what is
            generic C. I think most systems have fcntl.h, thus it's better to put
            it in vim.h.

            Do you mind if I postpone this change until Vim 7.1? You are the first
            to complain thus it doesn't appear to be urgent. And it will change
            many files, it's better to do this in a minor release.

            --
            If you feel lonely, try schizophrenia.