Re: script able to detect +NUM commandline option ?

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
      On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 01:49:24PM +0200, Yakov Lerner wrote:
      > Whether Bram thinks it's useful to store this info in some
      > v:variable (so script can know it) ?
      > Within last year, there were requests how script can know
      > whether vim had +NUM option on command line.
      >
      > Yakov

      You mean as in

      :help -+

      I guess? That is too specific; why not make the entire command line
      available? We have v:progname but not the command-line options
      (including +NUM). I have wanted this, too.

      BTW, there are too many v: variables for my taste. Why not put all
      the v:beval_* variables in a v:beval Dictionary? Of course, the old
      ones would have to be kept around for compatibility for a few releases

      HTH --Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
        Yakov Lerner wrote:

        > Whether Bram thinks it's useful to store this info in some
        > v:variable (so script can know it) ?
        > Within last year, there were requests how script can know
        > whether vim had +NUM option on command line.

        We already have argv() to get the filename arguments. Perhaps there
        could be another function to get the non-filename arguments.

        148. You find it easier to dial-up the National Weather Service
        Weather/your_town/now.html than to simply look out the window.