Re: gVim 7 Win32 Maximize bug report

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
      dotpanic@... wrote:
      > Quoting Yakov Lerner <iler.ml@...>:
      >

      >> This problem was reported for Windows vim and fixed in the patch
      >> ~month ago.
      >>
      >> But what is 7.0.262 ? Isn't ~ 158 the last patch number for vim7 ?
      >>
      >> Yakov
      >
      > I've just tested with the last version and it works quite well. Sorry to
      > have bothered you with an already corrected bug.
      >
      > Anyway, even with the latest release installed, the version displayed by
      > windows is still 7.0.262.0.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Mike Meirsman

      I don't know where that 4-part version number comes from. 262 can be
      interpreted as 262d, 106h, 406o, ^F^A (the latter assumes one little-endian
      word),... none of which rings any bells with me.

      The "official" way to display the version number and patch level of any Vim
      executable is (at the user's choice) any one of the following:

      vim --version |more
      Version number is displayed on the first line of output
      and "Included patches" (if any) on second line.
      Note: In Win32, "gvim --version" sends its output to a message
      popup, apparently after detaching Vim from the shell's stdout
      (if any) but without starting the GUI.

      launch [g]vim without any editfile. The splash screen comes up, unless
      the vimrc or some command-line switch sets the I flag in the
      'shortmess' option.
      Version and patchlevel are on the second non-blank line.

      :intro
      The splash screen comes up. Version & pl on 2nd nonblank line.

      :version
      The version listing comes up. Version on 1st line,
      included patches (if any) on 2nd.

    • Vince Negri
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2006
        A.J.Mechelynck [mailto:antoine.mechelynck@...] wrote:

        > I don't know where that 4-part version number comes from. 262 can be
        > interpreted as 262d, 106h, 406o, ^F^A (the latter assumes one little-endian
        > word),... none of which rings any bells with me.

        It comes from version.h:

        #define VIM_VERSION_BUILD 262
        #define VIM_VERSION_BUILD_BCD 0x106
        #define VIM_VERSION_BUILD_STR "262"

        Obviously we need a little script to keep this up to date...

        Vince