Re: syntax region match with braces

  • Виктор Кожухаров
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
      В ср, 2006-11-01 в 23:26 +1100, Peter Hodge написа:
      > --- Виктор Кожухаров <vkojouharov@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Ð’ ÑÑ€, 2006-11-01 в 10:53 +1100, Peter Hodge напиÑа:
      > > > --- ÃøúÑþѬ ÃaþöђÑ&ðѬþò

      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > Your syntax file 'embryo.vim' will need regions match up all {} pairs as
      > > well.
      > > >
      > > > syn region embryoBraces matchgroup=Delimiter start=/{/ end=/}/
      > > transparent
      > > >
      > > > regards,
      > > > Peter
      > > >

      > > actually, after adding this region, what really happens, is that all the
      > > '}' in the script part are of group Delimeter, including the '}' for the
      > > 'script {' itself. so, if there's another '}' after that, it becomes of
      > > region edcScript (even though logically it's out of the script's scope).
      > > There are times however, where a '}' won't follow the script's own
      > > closing '}', thus the edcScript region will never end, as I observed in
      > > the first case.
      >
      > try:
      >
      > syn region edcScript matchgroup=edcScriptTag start="\<script\_s*{" end="}"
      > keepend contains=@edcEmbryo
      >
      > syn region embryoBraces matchgroup=Delimiter start=/{/ end=/}/ transparent
      > keepend extend
      >
      > I'm not sure if 'transparent' is going to mess things up ... if it does, take
      > out 'transparent' and use 'contains=@edcEmbryo'

      that worked almost perfectly. the only problem now, is that if the
      script part is too long, if I scroll to where it ends, the edc stuff is
      not highlighted anymore, untill i reload the file, and if i do, they are
      highlighted, but I have to scroll up until close to the begining of the
      script, so that the script itself is highlighted. And for small scripts,
      even reloading the file doesn't return the .edc highlighting, after the
      script.

      I'm not sure why that happens, and out of pure guessing, i'd say it's
      something to do with syn sync, which I got from other syn files. I have
      both edc and embryo sync with the following line:
      syn sync ccomment edc(embryo)Comment minlines=50

      if I make the minlines too big, edc isn't highlighted after a script
      even after reload. with a value of 1, it exhibits the above behaviour.

      > regards,
      > Peter

      Виктор Кожухаров /Viktor Kojouharov/
    • Peter Hodge
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hello,

        I have the same problem with large PHP files, Vim gets confused in the midst of
        all the curly braces ... :-S Unfortunately I'm not yet familiar with the 'syn
        sync' commands, partly because they're so hard to test.

        You can use a command like ':syn on' to refresh the syntax, and that should
        make everything match up properly again. Also, make sure you don't have the
        'display' option added to the wrong syntax items, that can also mess up
        matching of { and }.

        regards,
        Peter

      • Ilya Sher
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
          Peter Hodge wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I have the same problem with large PHP files, Vim gets confused in the midst of
          > all the curly braces ... :-S Unfortunately I'm not yet familiar with the 'syn
          > sync' commands, partly because they're so hard to test.

          Haven't followed the thread but

          :syntax sync fromstart

          usually works fine for me

          [snip]