Chaining of function calls

  • Nikolai Weibull
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
      So you can't write

      :call object.method().results_method()

      in VimScript. But it would be sweet if one could. Can't find
      anything in the TODO on this. Any plans for the future?

      nikolai
    • Nikolai Weibull
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
        On 10/3/06, Nikolai Weibull <now@...> wrote:
        > So you can't write
        >
        > :call object.method().results_method()
        >
        > in VimScript. But it would be sweet if one could. Can't find
        > anything in the TODO on this. Any plans for the future?

        But you can write

        :let _ = object.method().results_method()

        Sort of an ugly hack, though, if you don't care about
        results_method()s result (or it doesn't have one).

        nikolai
      • Nikolai Weibull
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
          On 10/3/06, Nikolai Weibull <now@...> wrote:
          > On 10/3/06, Nikolai Weibull <now@...> wrote:
          > > So you can't write
          > >
          > > :call object.method().results_method()
          > >
          > > in VimScript. But it would be sweet if one could. Can't find
          > > anything in the TODO on this. Any plans for the future?
          >
          > But you can write
          >
          > :let _ = object.method().results_method()

          And of course

          :call call(object.method().results_method)

          but that's plain horrendous under the circumstances.

          Sorry about the IRC-session-style messages. I'll stop now.

          nikolai