CursorHold when cursor is in command-line

  • Yakov Lerner
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2006
      I observe that CursorHold is not triggered when cursor
      in spending long time in commandline, correct ?

      Is it possible to trigger CursorHold also when cursor is
      in command line ? (Maybe by some :au CursorHold
      <commandline> syntax ?)

      BTW does all this mean that if I enter commandline (:) within
      less than 'updatetime' from last change, .swp file is not updated
      all the time I am still in commandline ?

      Yakov
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2006
        Yakov Lerner wrote:

        > I observe that CursorHold is not triggered when cursor
        > in spending long time in commandline, correct ?
        >
        > Is it possible to trigger CursorHold also when cursor is
        > in command line ? (Maybe by some :au CursorHold
        > <commandline> syntax ?)

        That would be the CursorHoldC event. I would have to look into whether
        this is possible. Side effects can be a problem, executing commands
        while halfway editing a command...

        > BTW does all this mean that if I enter commandline (:) within
        > less than 'updatetime' from last change, .swp file is not updated
        > all the time I am still in commandline ?

        'updatetime' is also used while editing the command line.

        --
        At some point in the project somebody will start whining about the need to
        determine the project "requirements". This involves interviewing people who