Re: gvim segfaulting on Solaris 10

  • Laurent Blume
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 1, 2006
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Is "/usr/sfw" a standard place for something? Then perhaps configure
      > should be adjusted to check it.

      Checked that. No need anymore for it. Ir probably dated from my first
      builds on the Solaris 10 beta, 2 years ago.

      Laurent
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 2, 2006
        Ali Akcaagac wrote:

        > On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 23:13 +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > The bonobo stuff is only used when compiling for GTK 2 with Gnome
        > > support. I generally discourage compiling with Gnome, it has its
        > > problems. This is mentioned in the Makefile.
        > >
        > > If you compile without Gnome, which is the default, no bonobo stuff is
        > > used by Vim. If a bonobo library is still linked in then it's because
        > > of a dependency.
        >
        > I do understand this. But what I tried explaining was that BonoboUI is
        > deprecated. That means it's dead stuff from within GNOME which should
        > not be used anymore (from what the developers say). So basicly there is
        > no need for extra GNOME GUI components anymore since the encouraged and
        > recommended way to do GNOME GUI is by using GTK+ GUI (from what the
        > developers say). The only interesting part therefore remains is the
        > session management.

        Perhaps someone who knows the details about Gnome can make the changes,
        test it and send us a patch? Obviously I don't have time to learn the
        "proper use" of Gnome libraries.

        --
        The acknowledged parents of reengineering are Michael Hammer and James Champy.
        When I say they're the "parents" I don't mean they had sex - and I apologize