Re: Q: I'm working on the basic.vim file

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2006
      Mark Manning wrote:
      > I started using FreeBasic which uses the "*.bas" ending and was
      > wondering if:
      >
      > 1. Anyone is interested in me sending in the updated basic.vim file.
      > 2. If this is the right mailing group to send it to.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Mark

      Normal procedure would be to first try contacting the maintainer: i.e.,
      Allan Kelly <allan@...> . If he doesn't answer (neither to
      direct mail nor to list posting), you might do one of the following:

      - post here a context diff between the existing file and yours;
      - upload your script somewhere and post the URI here; or
      - send it to Bram <bram@...>, mentioning that you tried
      contacting the current maintainer without success.

      If Bram accepts your version for distribution as the "official" Basic
      plugin, I suppose you would then become the "maintainer" of that script,
      which means that you would be expected to answer queries about it on the
      vim list and/or fix bugs brought to your attention either directly or
      via these lists.