Re: What happens when Ctrl-L is pressed?

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 27, 2006
      Brad Beveridge wrote:

      > In my app, I stream some text to the screen, using ml_append_string,
      > though I think the results are the same when I use other internal
      > methods.
      > Before pressing C-l, I have
      > "
      > Got :error when I expected :location
      > Got :error when I expected :location
      > Got :error when I expected :location
      > Sending -> 00006D(:EMACS-REX (SWANK:COMPILE-FILE-FOR-EMACS
      > "/Users/brad/development/lisp/ecl-slime/fastvec2.lisp" T) NIL T 17)
      > Finished sending
      > Finished Compiling
      > /Users/brad/development/lisp/ecl-slime/fastvec2.lisp in 0.41 sec
      > Sending -> 000036(:EMACS-REX (SWANK:COMPILER-NOTES-FOR-EMACS) NIL T 18)
      > Finished sending
      > Got :error when I expected :location
      > Got :error when I expected :location
      > Got :error when I expected :location
      > "
      >
      > After, it changes to
      >
      > "
      > elop
      > MPILE-FILE-FOR-EMACS "/Users/brad/develop
      > ending -> 00006D(:EMACS-REX (SWANK:COMPILE-FILE-FOR-EMACS "/Users/brad/develop
      > /Users/brad/development/lisp/ecl-slime/fastvec2.lisp in 0.41
      > inished Compiling /Users/brad/development/lisp/ecl-slime/fastvec2.lisp in 0.41
      > Finished Compiling
      > /Users/brad/development/lisp/ecl-slime/fastvec2.lisp in 0.41 sec
      > expected :location
      > ot :error when I expected :location
      > Got :error when I expected :location
      > "
      >
      > Any ideas what I am abusing to make this happen? Scrolling around the
      > buffer leaves the text in a good state.

      CTRL-L normally redraws the screen after clearing it. It should show
      the text as it's stored. I don't know what you have done to mess up the
      text, but it looks like it isn't stored properly.

      > PS, Bram - looks like vim-dev might be blocking mail from Google's
      > servers, so I sent to you also.

      Apparently the sorbs blacklist mechanism is still being used, causing
      trouble for some people. I have asked the mail server maintainer to
      remove sorbs a few times now...

      239. You think "surfing" is something you do on dry land.

    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 30, 2006
        On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 02:40:24PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Apparently the sorbs blacklist mechanism is still being used, causing
        > trouble for some people. I have asked the mail server maintainer to
        > remove sorbs a few times now...

        Twice recently, sorbs has bounced my mails to the list because some
        server between my ISP and the vim-dev list is on its blacklist.

        Do you have any plans to move the vim mailing lists to a new
        server, where you (or someone more responsive) has administrative
        control?

        --Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 30, 2006
          Benji Fisher wrote:

          > On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 02:40:24PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > >
          > > Apparently the sorbs blacklist mechanism is still being used, causing
          > > trouble for some people. I have asked the mail server maintainer to
          > > remove sorbs a few times now...
          >
          > Twice recently, sorbs has bounced my mails to the list because some
          > server between my ISP and the vim-dev list is on its blacklist.
          >
          > Do you have any plans to move the vim mailing lists to a new
          > server, where you (or someone more responsive) has administrative
          > control?

          The plan was to move the maillists to the server that is now already the
          Vim mail server. And the one causing this blacklist trouble...

          There is no progress in moving the maillists. I suppose it's time to
          find a better place for the Vim mail server. Instead of a server that
          just happens to be available and run by someone who doesn't always
          respond, or some big and anonymous server park like Yahoo, I think we
          should look for a small site that does have 24 hour support.

          --
          MAN: You don't frighten us, English pig-dog! Go and boil your bottoms,
          son of a silly person. I blow my nose on you, so-called Arthur-king,

        • Yakov Lerner
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 30, 2006

            > Benji Fisher wrote:
            >
            > > On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 02:40:24PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Apparently the sorbs blacklist mechanism is still being used, causing
            > > > trouble for some people. I have asked the mail server maintainer to
            > > > remove sorbs a few times now...
            > >
            > > Twice recently, sorbs has bounced my mails to the list because some
            > > server between my ISP and the vim-dev list is on its blacklist.
            > >
            > > Do you have any plans to move the vim mailing lists to a new
            > > server, where you (or someone more responsive) has administrative
            > > control?
            >
            > The plan was to move the maillists to the server that is now already the
            > Vim mail server. And the one causing this blacklist trouble...
            >
            > There is no progress in moving the maillists. I suppose it's time to
            > find a better place for the Vim mail server. Instead of a server that
            > just happens to be available and run by someone who doesn't always
            > respond, or some big and anonymous server park like Yahoo, I think we
            > should look for a small site that does have 24 hour support.

            Maybe vger.kernel.org can host vim mailing list ?
            I assume fair number of kernel developers use vim.
            vger.kernel.org already handles dozens of MLs, some of
            multi-hundred-messages-per-day traffic. Thus couple of
            vim MLs trafic shall not be problem for it ?

            Yakov
          • Gautam Iyer
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 30, 2006
              On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 10:12:44PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

              > > > Apparently the sorbs blacklist mechanism is still being used, causing
              > > > trouble for some people. I have asked the mail server maintainer to
              > > > remove sorbs a few times now...
              > >
              > > Twice recently, sorbs has bounced my mails to the list because some
              > > server between my ISP and the vim-dev list is on its blacklist.
              > >
              > > Do you have any plans to move the vim mailing lists to a new server,
              > > where you (or someone more responsive) has administrative control?
              >
              > The plan was to move the maillists to the server that is now already the
              > Vim mail server. And the one causing this blacklist trouble...
              >
              > There is no progress in moving the maillists. I suppose it's time to
              > find a better place for the Vim mail server. Instead of a server that
              > just happens to be available and run by someone who doesn't always
              > respond, or some big and anonymous server park like Yahoo, I think we
              > should look for a small site that does have 24 hour support.

              How about the sourceforge mailing lists? I know sourceforge has had
              numerous failures in the past. But I think their mailing lists might be
              OK.

              Plus the vim CVS / subversion repositories are hosted there anyway,

              GI

              --
              ACTUAL LABEL INSTRUCTIONS ON CONSUMER GOODS:
              On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating."
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
                Gautam Iyer wrote:

                > > > Twice recently, sorbs has bounced my mails to the list because some
                > > > server between my ISP and the vim-dev list is on its blacklist.
                > > >
                > > > Do you have any plans to move the vim mailing lists to a new server,
                > > > where you (or someone more responsive) has administrative control?
                > >
                > > The plan was to move the maillists to the server that is now already the
                > > Vim mail server. And the one causing this blacklist trouble...
                > >
                > > There is no progress in moving the maillists. I suppose it's time to
                > > find a better place for the Vim mail server. Instead of a server that
                > > just happens to be available and run by someone who doesn't always
                > > respond, or some big and anonymous server park like Yahoo, I think we
                > > should look for a small site that does have 24 hour support.
                >
                > How about the sourceforge mailing lists? I know sourceforge has had
                > numerous failures in the past. But I think their mailing lists might be
                > OK.

                Features missing (at least):
                - When someone is not subscribed the message should bounce, not sent to
                the maillist owner. (I have to manually remove spam stuff from the
                a-a-p lists regularly).
                - Messages with just HTML, executable attachments etc. should be
                bounced. These rules must be configurable.
                them.

                --
                Microsoft's definition of a boolean: TRUE, FALSE, MAYBE
                "Embrace and extend"...?

              • Gautam Iyer
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2006
                  On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 10:18:35PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                  > > > The plan was to move the maillists to the server that is now already the
                  > > > Vim mail server. And the one causing this blacklist trouble...
                  > > >
                  > > > There is no progress in moving the maillists. I suppose it's time to
                  > > > find a better place for the Vim mail server. Instead of a server that
                  > > > just happens to be available and run by someone who doesn't always
                  > > > respond, or some big and anonymous server park like Yahoo, I think we
                  > > > should look for a small site that does have 24 hour support.
                  > >
                  > > How about the sourceforge mailing lists? I know sourceforge has had
                  > > numerous failures in the past. But I think their mailing lists might be
                  > > OK.
                  >
                  > Features missing (at least):
                  > - When someone is not subscribed the message should bounce, not sent to
                  > the maillist owner. (I have to manually remove spam stuff from the
                  > a-a-p lists regularly).
                  > - Messages with just HTML, executable attachments etc. should be
                  > bounced. These rules must be configurable.
                  > them.

                  Bram,

                  I just set up a new mailing list on SF. I think the above features are
                  there on the version of mailman they just installed.

                  Gautam

                  --
                  'Fortissimoe' -- The musical moment produced when someone serially slaps
                  the faces of the first violin section.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 2, 2006
                    Gautam Iyer wrote:

                    > > > How about the sourceforge mailing lists? I know sourceforge has had
                    > > > numerous failures in the past. But I think their mailing lists might be
                    > > > OK.
                    > >
                    > > Features missing (at least):
                    > > - When someone is not subscribed the message should bounce, not sent to
                    > > the maillist owner. (I have to manually remove spam stuff from the
                    > > a-a-p lists regularly).
                    > > - Messages with just HTML, executable attachments etc. should be
                    > > bounced. These rules must be configurable.
                    > > them.
                    >
                    > Bram,
                    >
                    > I just set up a new mailing list on SF. I think the above features are
                    > there on the version of mailman they just installed.

                    I do notice there is now an option to reject posts from non-members,
                    instead of sending them to the list owner for approval.

                    I don't see a setting for rejecting HTML-only messages or messages with
                    executable attachments.

                    I don't see how to fill the archive from an existing archive.

                    --
                    An extraordinary TALL KNIGHT in all black (possibly John with Mike on his
                    shoulders) walks out from the dark trees. He is extremely fierce and