modified 1.2.6.55 Tv1

  • Charles E Campbell Jr
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
      Hello!

      What is the message about (given on the subject line and here: modified
      1.2.6.55 Tv1).
      I get it when I'm using tags:

      vi -t "sometag"

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

      P.S. I use vim 7.0, patches 1-42, huge debug-build.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell
    • Yakov Lerner
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
        On 8/7/06, Charles E Campbell Jr <drchip@...> wrote:
        > Hello!
        >
        > What is the message about (given on the subject line and here: modified
        > 1.2.6.55 Tv1).
        > I get it when I'm using tags:
        >
        > vi -t "sometag"

        I grepped vim source, and found that strings "1.2.6.55" "Tv1" do not
        appear in vim sources. Word "modified", at the beginning of the
        string/message, only appears in the name of the 'modified' option.

        Is it possible that these messages come from the autocommand/plugin ?
        (in which case -V20 will expose the source).

        My suggestion can be naive, but does this appear with -u NONE, too ?
        Can you attach the tagfile and specific tagname to reproduce it ?

        I tried 'vi -t "sometag"' in the vim sources directory, but all I get is
        E426: tag not found: sometag

        Yakov
      • A.J.Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
          Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:
          > Hello!
          >
          > What is the message about (given on the subject line and here: modified
          > 1.2.6.55 Tv1).
          > I get it when I'm using tags:
          >
          > vi -t "sometag"
          >
          > Regards,
          > Chip Campbell
          >
          > P.S. I use vim 7.0, patches 1-42, huge debug-build.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Chip Campbell

          I don't get that message. Maybe one of your scripts?

          On my system, 'vi' invokes Console Vim 6.3.58; 'vim -u NONE -t
          "sometag"' gives two error messages (no tags file and tag not found),
          but if I cd to /usr/local/share/vim/vim70/doc and then do 'vim -u NONE
          -t "-t"' the only message I get is '"starting.txt, 1466 lines, 64803
          characters". Without "-u NONE" I get syntax highlighting etc., but
          nothing unexpected.

          I use vim 7.0, patches 1-42, huge version with GTK2-GNOME GUI but when
          (as above) invoked as "vim" the GUI of course doesn't start.

        • Charles E Campbell Jr
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
            Yakov Lerner wrote:

            > On 8/7/06, Charles E Campbell Jr <drchip@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Hello!
            >>
            >> What is the message about (given on the subject line and here: modified
            >> 1.2.6.55 Tv1).
            >> I get it when I'm using tags:
            >>
            >> vi -t "sometag"
            >

            > I grepped vim source, and found that strings "1.2.6.55" "Tv1" do not
            > appear in vim sources. Word "modified", at the beginning of the
            > string/message, only appears in the name of the 'modified' option.
            >
            > Is it possible that these messages come from the autocommand/plugin ?
            > (in which case -V20 will expose the source).
            >
            > My suggestion can be naive, but does this appear with -u NONE, too ?
            > Can you attach the tagfile and specific tagname to reproduce it ?
            >
            > I tried 'vi -t "sometag"' in the vim sources directory, but all I get is
            > E426: tag not found: sometag

            Well, I should have mentioned that I did a recursive grep for "Tv1" myself,
            albeit in my vim/ directory and in my <.vimrc>, and didn't find it.
            However,
            your suggestion (let's hear one for brute force!) nailed the culprit:
            CVSGetLocalStatus(),
            from cvscommand.vim. I don't know why that function is being executed on a
            every attempt to jump to a tag (without going through Bob H's code).

            Thank you,
            Chip Campbell