netrw plugin bug?

  • Alexei Alexandrov
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
      Hi All,

      In Vim 7, there seems to be a bug in netrw plugin behavior. It looks like it wipes out clipboard register (mine is set to unnamed). That is, I yank something in one file, then I do, say, ":e .", pick up a new file, open it with Enter and try to paste the text. A space will be pasted instead of previously yanked text.

      --
      Alexei Alexandrov
    • Charles E Campbell Jr
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
        Alexei Alexandrov wrote:

        >In Vim 7, there seems to be a bug in netrw plugin behavior. It looks like it wipes out clipboard register (mine is set to unnamed). That is, I yank something in one file, then I do, say, ":e .", pick up a new file, open it with Enter and try to paste the text. A space will be pasted instead of previously yanked text.

        Please try the latest netrw, available at my website:

        http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#VimFuncs
        see "Network Oriented Reading, Writing, and Browsing"

        I keep the latest versions of netrw, albeit somewhat alpha, on my website.

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell