Re: Vim 7.0 x64

  • George V. Reilly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 1:45 AM
      Andre Godoi wrote:
      > Dear George!
      >
      > Thank you very much for the 64-bits binaries of Vim. I have just
      > installed Windows XP x64 and your version of Vim. The only thing I
      > couldn't do is install the "Edit with Vim..." entry on the right-click
      > pop-up.
      >
      > I did what you described, I've set a %VIM% variable to where my Vim
      > was uncompressed and ran install.exe. The option 14 says it will
      > install the right-click context menu, but it doesn't. Is there
      > anything I could do to solve it? That right-click context menu was
      > very useful. =)
      >
      > Thank you very much for your attention and for your help.
      >
      > Andre Godoi

      I'm sorry, but I don't have access to a Win64 system at the moment, so
      there's no easy way for me to check out what you're saying. I don't know
      if it's a problem with the installer or with gvimext.dll.

      You may be able to get what you want by creating a vim.reg file with
      contents like this:
      REGEDIT4

      [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\Open with Vim\command]
      @="\"c:\\Program Files\\Vim\\vim70\\gvim.exe\" \"%1\""

      I think a similar issue came up on the Vim Developers list recently, so
      I'm CCing that.

      --
      /George V. Reilly george@...
      http://www.georgevreilly.com/blog