Re: tab split scrolling problem

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 25, 2006
      A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
      > mzyzik@... wrote:
      >> All,
      >>
      >> Can someone please try this out and confirm:
      >>
      >> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 09:18:40PM -0400, mzyzik@... wrote:
      >>> All,
      >>>
      >>> I mentioned this problem once on the list before; however, the issue
      >>> wasn't reproducible. Now I found a way to consistently reproduce it.
      >>>
      >>> 1. Open a new plain vim in a terminal.
      >>> 2. ":h" to open a help window.
      >>> 3. ":wincmd o" to close all other windows except the help window.
      >>> 4. "G" to go to the last line.
      >>> 5. "<c-e>" a few times (around 5) to scroll down.
      >>> 6. ":tab split" to open a new tab.
      >>> 7. ":tabclose" to close the new tab and return to the previous.
      >>>
      >>> After all of this, the space generated by scrolling (via <c-e>)
      >>> disappears.
      >>>
      >>> --Matt
      >>

      > I confirm it (as I already said at the time) but only with vim -u NONE.
      > It doesn't work with my usual vimrc. It _does_ work with gvim (or at
      > least with my current version of it). -N makes no difference.

      P.S. "it works" in this context means "the procedure makes the bug
      apparent". Trivial variations on the procedure, such as <F1> for ":help"
      or ":only" for ":wincmd o", are irrelevant to the result.