Re: Vim on Windows XP x64

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
      Ron Blaschke wrote:
      > George Reilly wrote:

      >>> I recently managed to compile Vim on Windows XP x64, including the
      >>> Explorer integration. I don't know if everything is working, but I'm
      >>> using it for my daily work and at least everything I use seems fine.
      >>>
      >>> Let me know if the binaries or source changes are of interest to anyone.
      >>>
      >> I ported Vim to Win64 a few months back, and Bram incorporated my patches
      >> in 7.0. I'm not sure if I tested out gvimext or not. Unfortunately, I
      >> don't have regular access to a Win64 box, so I've used my Win64 binaries
      >> very little myself.
      >>

      > I see, that's why very few changes were necessary.
      >
      > I only had to
      >
      > - Remove the __attribute__ annotations, as these seem to be unsupported
      > by Visual C++; they can be replaced with __declspec, though. This is
      > only a problem with the Perl interface.
      >
      > - Make things work with the unmanaged assemblies, i.e. embed manifests
      > into all executables and DLLs.
      >
      > - Link in the buffer overflow protection library bufferoverflowU.lib.
      >

      >> Please send the patches.
      >>

      > I modified everything in place which will break the other build
      > configurations, and even did some things on the command line (embedding
      > some manifests). On the other hand, I had to change nothing x64
      > specific, the changes are necessary when compiling with the Microsoft
      > Platform SDK, or Visual C++ 2005.
      >
      > Is someone working on integrating Microsoft Platform SDK / Visual C++ 2005?
      >
      > Ron

      Well, could you diff your new sources (including the makefile,
      Make_mvc.mak IIUC) against the original ones? Hopefully it should be
      possible to integrate them into common sources with some
      compiler-directing statements (ifdef and similar).

    • Ron Blaschke
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
        A.J.Mechelynck wrote:

        > Well, could you diff your new sources (including the makefile,
        > Make_mvc.mak IIUC) against the original ones? Hopefully it should be
        > possible to integrate them into common sources with some
        > compiler-directing statements (ifdef and similar).

        Gladly. I'll post a diff during next, when I have access to my x64 box
        again.

        Ron
      • Mathias Michaelis
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2006
          > Is someone working on integrating Microsoft Platform SDK / Visual
          > C++ 2005?

          Yes, I do, and I already have sent some patches to this list.

          Please pay attention to them, I don't want to create them again.

          With kind regards

          Mathias