Re: Netbeans Interface

  • Sebastian Menge
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1 1:01 PM
      Am Donnerstag, den 01.06.2006, 16:08 +0200 schrieb Sebastian Menge:
      > Or does it mean that i have to compile my own vim with disabled
      > gui-support and enabled netbeans?

      I forgot to mention what I want to do ...

      I want to communicate via the netbenas-protocol with a vim in a
      terminal. That vim should not have any X or GUI features.

      Is that possible?

      If yes, how would I have to ./configure vim? I tried

      ./configure --enable-gui=no --enable-netbeans

      But it doesnt seem to work.

      On my ubuntu box 'vim --version' has +netbeans_intg and +X11, is linked
      against gnome-libs. If I start my homebrewn netbeans-server, and then
      'vim -nb', nothing happens. If I type :gui in the same vim-instance, it
      immediatly connects to the server and executes the test command.

      Thanks to anyone helping me with this.

      regards, Sebastian.

      PS: my test server:

      start it first, then 'gvim -nb'

      ---------------
      import java.io.BufferedReader;
      import java.io.IOException;
      import java.io.InputStreamReader;
      import java.io.PrintWriter;
      import java.net.ServerSocket;
      import java.net.Socket;

      public class VimNBApp {

      private static ServerSocket socket;
      private static Socket vimSocket;

      try {
      socket = new ServerSocket(3219);
      System.out.print("Server waiting for connection ...");
      vimSocket = socket.accept();
      System.out.println(" connected.");

      PrintWriter out =
      new PrintWriter(vimSocket.getOutputStream(), true);
      BufferedReader in =
      new BufferedReader(
      new InputStreamReader(vimSocket.getInputStream()
      ));

      //handshake
      System.out.println(in.readLine());
      System.out.println(in.readLine());
      System.out.println(in.readLine());

      String cmd = "1:editFile!123 \"/tmp/test.txt\"";
      out.println(cmd);
      System.out.println("sent: "+cmd);

      } catch (IOException e) {
      // TODO Auto-generated catch block
      e.printStackTrace();
      }
      }
      }
      -----------------
    • Xavier de Gaye
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1 2:55 PM
        --- Sebastian Menge <sebastian.menge@...> wrote:
        > Am Donnerstag, den 01.06.2006, 12:49 -0700 schrieb Xavier de Gaye:
        > > Netbeans can only be used with gvim compiled either with GTK, Motif, or
        > > with the Windows version of gvim. It cannot be used with plain vim
        > > running in a terminal.
        >
        > No workaround? The communication itself does not need the gui.
        >
        > Im no c-programmer, but that sounds, as if one would have to change
        > little in netbeans.c .. !?

        Vim, when run in a terminal is designed to work in a very poor
        environment, and there is only one thread of execution. On the other
        hand, the netbeans interface has been designed with a GUI in mind (since
        it was meant to be used by IDEs) and registers a call-back that is used
        to process the received netbeans messages. So, to port the netbeans
        interface to Vim in terminal mode is not simple. One would have probably
        to setup a hook in the main loop (RealWaitForChar() in os_unix.c), that
        is, right in the deep heart of Vim.
        Too bad.

        Xavier

        --