Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

netrw.vim patch

Expand Messages
  • Osei Poku
    Hi, I am not entirely sure how this had managed to work for so long. The file hiding function activated by the g:netrw_list_hide variable was not working for
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2006
      Hi,

      I am not entirely sure how this had managed to work for so long.

      The file hiding function activated by the g:netrw_list_hide variable was
      not working for me when I had the following.

      let g:netrw_list_hide='^\..*'

      in order to hide dot files on a local drive

      after some debugging, I realized that the final command that is being
      used is (expressed here more simply that in reality to make the point)

      exec "g".sep."^\..*'.sep."d"

      (ie if sep="/" then "g/^\..*/d" will be executed)

      however the function that is responsible for doing this automatically
      selects the *sep* character from a list of characters and it does so
      incorrectly. "!" was being used as the separator for this particular
      pattern. This actually does something different than intended since the
      "!" character is recognized by the global command.

      The attached patch fixes this for the pattern above and a few others
      that I tried.

      The initial list from which a separator is selected is changed to a more
      sane list.

      I removed "!" because of the reasons explained above.
      I also removed [a-zA-Z] because I read somewhere that a letter cannot
      delimit a pattern... and I removed [0-9] just to be safe.

      Thanks,
      Osei



      --
      Osei Poku
      Graduate Student,
      Dept. of ECE, CMU
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.