Re: Using py commands to evaluate text for balloon commands for web lookups.

  • Mohsin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2006
      I got my balloon function to do WEB lookups of word under mouse,
      on wiki/google/dictionary via python.

      However for couple of issues I am stuck with (any help appreciated):

      1. The gvim freezes (cursor stop blinking for 3 seconds) while
      python is doing web lookups. Can I run this lookup as a thread in
      background?

      2. The python lookup throws errors messages when lookup receives bad html;
      which I could NOT catch with 'python/try' and in 'vim/try' blocks.
      It looks ugly on the message bar.

      3. I want to clear the Balloon text on a lookup error, instead of
      displaying stale results.
      Can I clear reset the Balloon value before starting a lookup?
      Because the Balloon interface only uses the return value of my function.

      4. Any function to pick phrase under mouse?

      thanks for the earlier help (I used eval to interface with python).

      Mohsin