Re: netrw, winxp, and a problem...

  • Steve Hall
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25, 2006
      From: Charles E Campbell Jr, May 25, 2006 9:52 AM
      > Steve Hall wrote:
      >
      > > Just assume all paths are Windows-hostile unless passed through
      > > such a wrapper. (I never see these errors on *nix, so I assume
      > > it's path related.)
      >
      > I'll try it! The unfortunate part is, I can't test it. Or rather, I
      > can test to see if the wrapper introduces some new problem, but as I
      > haven't been able to duplicate the problem others are having I can't
      > do the test.

      Same thing I saw, I never could track down if the errant slashes were
      coming from tempname(), expand(), fnamemodify(), existing environment
      vars, ones Vim found (Vim contrives $HOME if it doesn't exist), etc.

      But the reports went away, so it seemed to fix it for us.

      --
      Steve Hall [ digitect mindspring com ]
      :: Cream... something good to put in your Vim!