RE: More about 7.0g

    Message 1 of 12 , May 2, 2006
      Robert Webb wrote:

      > > > - From the help: "The 'omnifunc' option is set by filetype
      > > > plugins" Why is 'omnifunc' always empty for me? I've tried this
      > > > with .h, .cpp, and .html files.
      > >
      > > Perhaps you are using older runtime files? It works fine for me.
      >
      > When I do :help I get the new help files. Are they found a different
      > way from the other runtime files? I used the gvim installation
      > program for Windows.
      >
      > So I should be seeing 'omnifunc' automatically set to something in a
      > *.cpp file, is that right?

      Works fine for me. Perhaps you didn't enable filetype plugins? That's
      where the option is set.

      --
      Sometimes you can protect millions of dollars in your budget simply by buying
      a bag of cookies, dropping it on the budget anylyst's desk, and saying

    • Robert Webb
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2006
        > > - I'd like to be able to put whatever name I want on the tabs.
        > > There doesn't seem to be a way to do this. 'guitablabel' is an
        > > option *shared* by all tabs, so I can't set one tab to "Work" and
        > > another to "Play" for example, and can only set them to different
        > > names if the names are based on their files etc. All I want to do
        > > is set the name of each tab to a fixed string.
        >
        > Set a tab page local variable and use that in 'guitablabel'.

        I tried this:

        :let t:tabName = "Blah"
        :set guitablabel=%{t:tabName}

        Now t:tabName has to be defined in all tabs. I set it to "" in the
        other tabs, but then I just get a blank tab name. Would be nice to be
        able to set the name for some tabs, but leave others as default.
        Ideally, if the expression for 'guitablabel' can't be evaluated for
        one tab, or if it comes out as an empty string, then that tab should
        use the default name.

        Rob.

        --

        Robert Webb <RobertW@...>,
        MineSweeper3D - Take Minesweeper to a whole new dimension!
        Message 3 of 12 , May 4, 2006
          Robert Webb wrote:

          > > > - I'd like to be able to put whatever name I want on the tabs.
          > > > There doesn't seem to be a way to do this. 'guitablabel' is an
          > > > option *shared* by all tabs, so I can't set one tab to "Work" and
          > > > another to "Play" for example, and can only set them to different
          > > > names if the names are based on their files etc. All I want to do
          > > > is set the name of each tab to a fixed string.
          > >
          > > Set a tab page local variable and use that in 'guitablabel'.
          >
          > I tried this:
          >
          > :let t:tabName = "Blah"
          > :set guitablabel=%{t:tabName}
          >
          > Now t:tabName has to be defined in all tabs. I set it to "" in the
          > other tabs, but then I just get a blank tab name. Would be nice to be
          > able to set the name for some tabs, but leave others as default.
          > Ideally, if the expression for 'guitablabel' can't be evaluated for
          > one tab, or if it comes out as an empty string, then that tab should
          > use the default name.

          You wouldn't type these things, they would be in a script. There it's
          not difficult to check for the existence of t:tabName.

          :set guitablabel=%{MyTabName()}
          func MyTabName()
          if exists('t:tabName')
          return t:tabName
          endif
          return ''
          endfunc

          14. You start introducing yourself as "Jim at I-I-Net dot net dot au"