infinite loop from ]s in vim 7.0g BETA

  • Marvin Renich
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006
      Edit a file that has misspelled words, but only in syntax items that are
      not spell-checked, then type ]s. Vim will go into an infinite loop that
      can be stopped with ^C. Here is what I did:

      $ vim -u NONE -U NONE ~/.vim/plugin/countspell.vim
      :set spell
      :syn on
      ]s

      I first noticed this in 7.0f last night, but it still happens in 7.0g.

      ...Marvin
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2006
        Marvin Renich wrote:

        > Edit a file that has misspelled words, but only in syntax items that are
        > not spell-checked, then type ]s. Vim will go into an infinite loop that
        > can be stopped with ^C. Here is what I did:
        >
        > $ vim -u NONE -U NONE ~/.vim/plugin/countspell.vim
        > :set spell
        > :syn on
        > ]s
        >
        > I first noticed this in 7.0f last night, but it still happens in 7.0g.

        I can reproduce it with an arbibrary .vim file. I'll find out what
        happens.

        Note that CTRL-C does break the loop.

        --
        Looking at Perl through Lisp glasses, Perl looks atrocious.