Re: [minor] problem to set some chars to U+2500

  • Pierre Habouzit
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4 2:36 AM
      Le Mar 4 Avril 2006 10:58, Bram Moolenaar a écrit :
      > Pierre Habouzit wrote:
      > > U+2500 is the classical horizontal Filet (─) see on wikipedia [1]
      > >
      > > with a custom statusline, and laststatus set to 2, I cannot use it
      > > for the stl/stlnc characters of fcs.
      > >
      > > setting fcs vert to vertical filet is doable, and works, but vim
      > > just don't want to take the horizontal filet for fcs.
      > >
      > > e.g.:
      > >
      > > set laststatus=2
      > > set fcs=vert:│,stl:─,stlnc:─
      > > set statusline=─┤\ %f\ %m%r\ %y\ ├─%=%-14(%l,%c%V%)\ %4P\
      > > ├─
      > >
      > > just does not work as expected.
      >
      > What do you mean? What did you expect, what do you see?

      I expect roughly sth like :

      -| File.txt [text] |---------------------------------| 12,12 10% |-

      but I get : -| File.txt [text] |-

      the right part is made transparent.

      I've minimized the test, using test.vim, and doing that :

      1/ vim -u NONE -U NONE test.vim
      2/ :so %
      ==> I get statusline-not-bogus.png
      3/ :set fcs+=stl:─ <== U+2500
      4/ ^L
      ==> I get statusline-bogus.png

      --
      ·O· Pierre Habouzit
      ··O madcoder@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4 9:27 AM
        Pierre Habouzit wrote:

        > U+2500 is the classical horizontal Filet (─) see on wikipedia [1]

        Note that this character may be double width. It won't work then to use
        it for "tab" in 'listchars. You must use a single width character.
        This depends on the 'ambiwidth' option.

        > with a custom statusline, and laststatus set to 2, I cannot use it for
        > the stl/stlnc characters of fcs.

        This is actually a known problem. I've worked around it now by falling
        back to "-" when the specified character is a multi-byte character, so
        that you at least get something.

        --
        Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill
        and a laxative on the same night.

      • Pierre Habouzit
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4 9:40 AM
          Le Mar 4 Avril 2006 18:27, Bram Moolenaar a écrit :
          > Pierre Habouzit wrote:
          > > U+2500 is the classical horizontal Filet (─) see on wikipedia [1]
          >
          > Note that this character may be double width. It won't work then to
          > use it for "tab" in 'listchars. You must use a single width
          > character. This depends on the 'ambiwidth' option.

          huu, I didn't knew filets could be double width. this looks like quite
          unexpected. thanks for the explanation anyway

          > > with a custom statusline, and laststatus set to 2, I cannot use it
          > > for the stl/stlnc characters of fcs.
          >
          > This is actually a known problem. I've worked around it now by
          > falling back to "-" when the specified character is a multi-byte
          > character, so that you at least get something.

          thanks
          --
          ·O· Pierre Habouzit
          ··O madcoder@...