[BUG] VIM 7.0b/7.0c MSWin32: memory access violation

  • Liu Yubao
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
      Vim7.0b, MSWin32 GUI with OLE, big version, CVS 20060327, Win2K pro
      (Someone says it recurs in Vim7.0c too.)

      _vimrc contains only one line:
      au BufRead * Sexplore

      "vimfiles" directory has been renamed to avoid influence of plugins.

      Open GVIM, then execute ":help" or ":help au" (can be any help topic),
      it says "E434: Can't find tag pattern" and crash, Windows reports VIM
      read some memory that is not readable.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2006
        Liy Yubao wrote:

        > Vim7.0b, MSWin32 GUI with OLE, big version, CVS 20060327, Win2K pro
        > (Someone says it recurs in Vim7.0c too.)
        >
        > _vimrc contains only one line:
        > au BufRead * Sexplore
        >
        > "vimfiles" directory has been renamed to avoid influence of plugins.
        >
        > Open GVIM, then execute ":help" or ":help au" (can be any help topic),
        > it says "E434: Can't find tag pattern" and crash, Windows reports VIM
        > read some memory that is not readable.

        That's a nasty autocommand, splitting the window and doing something
        completely different while the user wants to see a help file. But Vim
        shouldn't crash. I'll fix it.

        --
        "I've been teaching myself to play the piano for about 5 years and now write
        most of my songs on it, mainly because I can never find any paper."