Floating point exception with 'lines=1000'

  • Tobias Klein
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
      Hi list,

      vim exists with a floating point exception when i do (in bash):

      echo "# vim:lines=1000" > test; vim test

      tested with vim 7.0b beta on Mandrake 10.2.
      Is this the right behaviour?

      Tobi
    • Mikolaj Machowski
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
        Dnia niedziela, 2 kwietnia 2006 13:27, Tobias Klein napisaƂ:
        > Hi list,
        >
        > vim exists with a floating point exception when i do (in bash):
        >
        > echo "# vim:lines=1000" > test; vim test
        >
        > tested with vim 7.0b beta on Mandrake 10.2.
        > Is this the right behaviour?

        Confirming with 7.0c03
        Caught FPE
        exiting with floating point error

        GDB:
        Program received signal SIGFPE. Arithmetic exception.
        [Switching to Thread -1219458848 (LWP 20081)]
        0x08166e5f in syntax_start (wp=0x81e4cf0, lnum=1) at syntax.c:554
        554 dist = syn_buf->b_ml.ml_line_count / (syn_buf->b_sst_len - Ros)
        + 1;

        m.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
          Tobias Klein wrote:

          > vim exists with a floating point exception when i do (in bash):
          >
          > echo "# vim:lines=1000" > test; vim test
          >
          > tested with vim 7.0b beta on Mandrake 10.2.
          > Is this the right behaviour?

          Are you kidding?

          I'll fix it.

          --
          ARTHUR: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot.
          King of all Britons, defeator of the Saxons, sovereign of all England!