Re: Problems OS X intel 6.x series

  • David Chin
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
      > Any idea how to raise this with Apple?

      You may try submitting a bug report:

      http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/

      You'll have to sign up for a Developer Connection account, first.

      -- Dave
      Email: david.w.h.chin@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
        Brad Beveridge wrote:

        > I've spent most of today trying to build various Vims (6.2, 6.4, 6
        > series CVS) under OS X Intel.
        > I configured with "./configure --prefix=3D/opt/local --disable-darwin" I
        > only want the console version.
        > I was getting malloc/free problems in expand_files, it looked like
        > repl was being freed without being assigned to a valid pointer.
        > After much insanity, it appears that Apple's GCC causes some breakage
        > with -O2. Reducing the optimisation level to -O, it works again.
        >
        > gcc --version
        > i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5250)
        >
        > Can some other OS X Intel owners try this to confirm there is a
        > problem? Any idea how to raise this with Apple?

        This is a gcc 4.0.1 problem. The optimizer reorders the code, so that a
        block of memory is freed before it is used. I stepped through it with
        the debugger to verify this actually happens.

        I haven't reported it, the docs on how to report bugs is very confusing.

        --
        This message contains 78% recycled characters.