Re: [Bug?] Save as ... in File menu doesn't work

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
      On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 07:56:34PM +0200, Stefan Karlsson wrote:
      > Benji Fisher skrev:
      > >
      > >P.S. I see that
      > >
      > >:redir @*
      > >
      > >works, but
      > >
      > >:redir @*
      > >
      > >does not.
      > >

      > Do you mean that @a works but not @* (you wrote @* on both places)?
      >
      > For me they both work. However, I'm on Windows where I think * and +
      > works differently than on Linux.

      Thanks for helping me see what I wrote. I meant that @* works but
      @+ does not (Linux, FC2, GTK2). "E475: Invalid argument: @+".

      --Benji Fisher
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
        On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 07:49:03PM +0200, Stefan Karlsson wrote:

        > >>It works just fine for me. I have no clue why it wouldn't work for you.
        > >
        > > Let's try some basic diagnosis. Try
        > >
        > >:menu File.Save\ As\.\.\.
        >
        > Here's what I get:
        >
        > --- Menus ---
        > 350 Save &As...^I:sav
        > n* :browse confirm saveas<CR>
        > v* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>
        > o* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>
        > i* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>

        That looks right. Starting in Normal mode, does

        :browse confirm saveas

        do anything? From your other recent post on this thread, I guess not.
        I guess that means either that there is something wrong in your system
        or some incompatibility with VS.Net. Are you up to trying a different
        compiler? I see instructions at

        http://mywebpage.netscape.com/SharpPeople/vim/howto/index.html

        (MSVC++, BCC (Borland?), GCC (MinGW or cygwin))

        http://cream.sourceforge.net/vim.html

        (Borland)

        and

        http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm

        (Borland BCC32 or cygwin gcc). Tony Mechelynck often posts pre-compiled
        binaries for Win32, but I guess he has been too busy lately, since the
        latest version on his site is 7.0aa-0213 (alpha) and I have not seen any
        posts from him in a while.

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • Steve Hall
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
          On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 18:31 -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:

          > ....Are you up to trying a different compiler? I see instructions
          > at
          [snip]

          > http://cream.sourceforge.net/vim.html
          >
          > (Borland)

          Just for the record, Cream now rolls with Cygwin as Tony Mechelynck
          does. (We both found Borland had too many issues with Windows XP.)

          SF.net CVS is having problems, mail me off-list for our scripts if
          anyone's interested.

          --
          Steve Hall [ digitect mindspring com ]