Re: [Bug?] Save as ... in File menu doesn't work

  • Stefan Karlsson
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
      Bram Moolenaar skrev:
      > Stefan Karlsson wrote:
      >
      >> Clicking on "Save as..." in the File menu doesn't have any effect
      >> (except showing ":browse confirs saveas" in the status line).
      >>
      >> I run 7.0c02 BETA built with Visual Studio .Net 2003.
      >
      > It works just fine for me. I have no clue why it wouldn't work for you.
      >
      > - Bram

      :browse set works as expected but none of the other :browse commands
      have any effect.

      --
      Stefan
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
        On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 07:56:34PM +0200, Stefan Karlsson wrote:
        > Benji Fisher skrev:
        > >
        > >P.S. I see that
        > >
        > >:redir @*
        > >
        > >works, but
        > >
        > >:redir @*
        > >
        > >does not.
        > >

        > Do you mean that @a works but not @* (you wrote @* on both places)?
        >
        > For me they both work. However, I'm on Windows where I think * and +
        > works differently than on Linux.

        Thanks for helping me see what I wrote. I meant that @* works but
        @+ does not (Linux, FC2, GTK2). "E475: Invalid argument: @+".

        --Benji Fisher
      • Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
          On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 07:49:03PM +0200, Stefan Karlsson wrote:

          > >>It works just fine for me. I have no clue why it wouldn't work for you.
          > >
          > > Let's try some basic diagnosis. Try
          > >
          > >:menu File.Save\ As\.\.\.
          >
          > Here's what I get:
          >
          > --- Menus ---
          > 350 Save &As...^I:sav
          > n* :browse confirm saveas<CR>
          > v* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>
          > o* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>
          > i* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>

          That looks right. Starting in Normal mode, does

          :browse confirm saveas

          do anything? From your other recent post on this thread, I guess not.
          I guess that means either that there is something wrong in your system
          or some incompatibility with VS.Net. Are you up to trying a different
          compiler? I see instructions at

          http://mywebpage.netscape.com/SharpPeople/vim/howto/index.html

          (MSVC++, BCC (Borland?), GCC (MinGW or cygwin))

          http://cream.sourceforge.net/vim.html

          (Borland)

          and

          http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm

          (Borland BCC32 or cygwin gcc). Tony Mechelynck often posts pre-compiled
          binaries for Win32, but I guess he has been too busy lately, since the
          latest version on his site is 7.0aa-0213 (alpha) and I have not seen any
          posts from him in a while.

          HTH --Benji Fisher
        • Steve Hall
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
            On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 18:31 -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:

            > ....Are you up to trying a different compiler? I see instructions
            > at
            [snip]

            > http://cream.sourceforge.net/vim.html
            >
            > (Borland)

            Just for the record, Cream now rolls with Cygwin as Tony Mechelynck
            does. (We both found Borland had too many issues with Windows XP.)

            SF.net CVS is having problems, mail me off-list for our scripts if
            anyone's interested.

            --
            Steve Hall [ digitect mindspring com ]