Re: [Bug?] Save as ... in File menu doesn't work

  • Stefan Karlsson
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
      >>> Clicking on "Save as..." in the File menu doesn't have any effect
      >>> (except showing ":browse confirs saveas" in the status line).
      >>>
      >>> I run 7.0c02 BETA built with Visual Studio .Net 2003.
      >> It works just fine for me. I have no clue why it wouldn't work for you.
      >
      > Let's try some basic diagnosis. Try
      >
      > :redir @a
      > :menu File.Save\ As\.\.\.
      > :redir END
      > :put a
      >
      > and send us the result. (This is one way to get the output of the :menu
      > command into an e-mail, use some other method if you like.)

      Here's what I get:

      --- Menus ---
      350 Save &As...^I:sav
      n* :browse confirm saveas<CR>
      v* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>
      o* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>
      i* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>

      --
      Stefan
    • Stefan Karlsson
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
        Benji Fisher skrev:

        > P.S. I see that
        >
        > :redir @*
        >
        > works, but
        >
        > :redir @*
        >
        > does not.

        Do you mean that @a works but not @* (you wrote @* on both places)?

        For me they both work. However, I'm on Windows where I think * and +
        works differently than on Linux.

        --
        Stefan
      • Stefan Karlsson
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
          Bram Moolenaar skrev:
          > Stefan Karlsson wrote:
          >
          >> Clicking on "Save as..." in the File menu doesn't have any effect
          >> (except showing ":browse confirs saveas" in the status line).
          >>
          >> I run 7.0c02 BETA built with Visual Studio .Net 2003.
          >
          > It works just fine for me. I have no clue why it wouldn't work for you.
          >
          > - Bram

          :browse set works as expected but none of the other :browse commands
          have any effect.

          --
          Stefan
        • Benji Fisher
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
            On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 07:56:34PM +0200, Stefan Karlsson wrote:
            > Benji Fisher skrev:
            > >
            > >P.S. I see that
            > >
            > >:redir @*
            > >
            > >works, but
            > >
            > >:redir @*
            > >
            > >does not.
            > >

            > Do you mean that @a works but not @* (you wrote @* on both places)?
            >
            > For me they both work. However, I'm on Windows where I think * and +
            > works differently than on Linux.

            Thanks for helping me see what I wrote. I meant that @* works but
            @+ does not (Linux, FC2, GTK2). "E475: Invalid argument: @+".

            --Benji Fisher
          • Benji Fisher
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
              On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 07:49:03PM +0200, Stefan Karlsson wrote:

              > >>It works just fine for me. I have no clue why it wouldn't work for you.
              > >
              > > Let's try some basic diagnosis. Try
              > >
              > >:menu File.Save\ As\.\.\.
              >
              > Here's what I get:
              >
              > --- Menus ---
              > 350 Save &As...^I:sav
              > n* :browse confirm saveas<CR>
              > v* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>
              > o* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>
              > i* <C-C>:browse confirm saveas<CR><C-\><C-G>

              That looks right. Starting in Normal mode, does

              :browse confirm saveas

              do anything? From your other recent post on this thread, I guess not.
              I guess that means either that there is something wrong in your system
              or some incompatibility with VS.Net. Are you up to trying a different
              compiler? I see instructions at

              http://mywebpage.netscape.com/SharpPeople/vim/howto/index.html

              (MSVC++, BCC (Borland?), GCC (MinGW or cygwin))

              http://cream.sourceforge.net/vim.html

              (Borland)

              and

              http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm

              (Borland BCC32 or cygwin gcc). Tony Mechelynck often posts pre-compiled
              binaries for Win32, but I guess he has been too busy lately, since the
              latest version on his site is 7.0aa-0213 (alpha) and I have not seen any
              posts from him in a while.

              HTH --Benji Fisher
            • Steve Hall
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2006
                On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 18:31 -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:

                > ....Are you up to trying a different compiler? I see instructions
                > at
                [snip]

                > http://cream.sourceforge.net/vim.html
                >
                > (Borland)

                Just for the record, Cream now rolls with Cygwin as Tony Mechelynck
                does. (We both found Borland had too many issues with Windows XP.)

                SF.net CVS is having problems, mail me off-list for our scripts if
                anyone's interested.

                --
                Steve Hall [ digitect mindspring com ]