Re: Removing the path from the tabline

  • Brent Rice
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2006
      On Mar 31, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Eric Arnold wrote:

      > Here is what I have so far. I still don't have the length
      > calculation perfect
      > for all conditions, but it does the job.

      Thanks! That's great! It appears to work pretty well...at least so
      far.

      Brent
    • Stefano Zacchiroli
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2006
        On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 09:43:08PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > And what if you have the same file name in two or more different
        > directories? E.g., "Makefile".

        What about reducing the path to the least part that make possible to
        disambiguate file names?

        As long as all are not ambiguous you just use the basename. In the
        example above something lile ".../foo/Makefile" vs ".../bar/Makefile" (3
        dots or something different that helps understanding that the full path
        has been truncated).

        Cheers.