Re: Searching for local libraries

  • Michail Vidiassov
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2006
      Dear Bram,

      On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Let me give a specific example:

      thank you. Now I see your point.

      > /usr/local is a standard place to install additional packages. If you
      > add something there it's to be expected that it gets used.

      Just a side note:
      Happy are Linux or BSD users who have one (system) package manager.
      Mac OS has many, one uses /usr/local by default,
      other /sw/local and mine /opt/local.
      But again, I see your point, /usr/local is more standard than others
      and deserves VIP treatment.

      Sincerely, Michail