docs for spell-quickstart

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2006
      I did not try spell checking in vim 7.0 until today. I think
      something should be added under

      :help spell-quickstart

      instructing the user to create a spell/ directory. On Linux,

      $ mkdir ~/.vim/spell

      Otherwise zg and so on do not work. Has anything been added to the
      suers' manual? (I just discovered that :help toc now goes to the index
      of the reference manual, so I have to start using :help user-manual .)
      Add a link to :help 'spellfile' in case the user wants more than one
      spell file.

      --Benji Fisher

      P.S. I am flattered that my first name is a "good word," but I wonder
      why.