pycomplete.vim bug

  • Nicolas Weber
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2006
      Hi,

      the 3rd line in runtime/autoload/pycomplete.vim in get_completions() has
      to be
      stmt = str(stmt)+base
      instead of
      stmt = stmt+base
      . Otherwise I get a
      TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
      if I hit C-X C-O in an empty line (win32, vim 7.0c03 BETA, python 2.3)

      Bye,
      Nico

      ps: vim7 looks very nice so far :-)
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
        Nicolas Weber wrote:

        > the 3rd line in runtime/autoload/pycomplete.vim in get_completions() has
        > to be
        > stmt = str(stmt)+base
        > instead of
        > stmt = stmt+base
        > . Otherwise I get a
        > TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
        > if I hit C-X C-O in an empty line (win32, vim 7.0c03 BETA, python 2.3)

        The version of pycomplete.vim that I have already is like that.

      • Nicolas Weber
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
          > > the 3rd line in runtime/autoload/pycomplete.vim in get_completions() has
          > > to be
          > > stmt = str(stmt)+base
          > > instead of
          > > stmt = stmt+base
          >
          > The version of pycomplete.vim that I have already is like that.

          I just did an 'cvs update', the change is not (yet?) in CVS.

          Nico

          --
          Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft f�r 0,- Euro*!
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
            Nicolas Weber wrote:

            > > > the 3rd line in runtime/autoload/pycomplete.vim in get_completions() has
            > > > to be
            > > > stmt = str(stmt)+base
            > > > instead of
            > > > stmt = stmt+base
            > >
            > > The version of pycomplete.vim that I have already is like that.
            >
            > I just did an 'cvs update', the change is not (yet?) in CVS.

            Sorry, I read your remark backwards. It still is "stmt = stmt+base".
            Aaron?

            BTW: CVS was down last night, thus the .zip file of the snapshot is more
            recent than what is in CVS.

            --
            Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups
            of three or more on private property.

          • Aaron Griffin
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006

              > > > The version of pycomplete.vim that I have already is like that.
              > >
              > > I just did an 'cvs update', the change is not (yet?) in CVS.
              >
              > Sorry, I read your remark backwards. It still is "stmt = stmt+base".
              > Aaron?

              Yeah there's 2 bugs like that that I know of, though the second one is
              not so easy - let me work on it today and fix those. I was planning
              on rewriting the whole thing, as it's just dirty, but I don't have a
              huge amount of time.

              I'll reply here when it's fixed - sometime this weekend.