Tab-specific variables

  • Halim, Salman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 11:45 AM
      Hello,

      Just wondering if there was any thought on tab-specific variables,
      registers and/or options. Perhaps t:varName?

      I tend to have files open in a tab that are related (either all XML
      files or all files having to do with a specific task). Toward that end,
      it would be nice if the search register could be local to the tab,
      allowing me to search for a different string when I'm in a different
      tab.

      Some of this can, of course, be simulated through scripts (I have one
      that changes the value of registers based on file-type, allowing me to
      search for one thing in a JSP and another in an XML, for example), but I
      make use of b: and w: variables to achieve the effect. If t: variables
      (or some other prefix -- I didn't look to see if t: was used for
      something else, I admit) were introduced, then tab-specific settings
      could take place.

      Obviously, there is a precedent here: diff settings are tab-specific
      already. You can diff different sets of files in different tabs,
      something I use fairly frequently, as it happens.

      Thank you,

      Salman.