Re: Vim 6.4 WindowsXP

  • Yakov Lerner
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      "Ali Akcaagac" <aliakc@...> wrote:
      > at work I've been using VIM 6.4 (.exe setup as found on vim.org) as my
      > primary editor under WindowsXP. I realized some strange behavior when
      > using it in the shell (or however they call it under Windows :).
      >
      > Ok the problem is as follows. When I start the shell and press ALT+Enter
      > to fullsize it and then run vim <somefile.txt> then sometimes the cursor
      > sticks where it is and the entire VIM Window seem to scroll up and down.

      What you describe reminds me of 'set so=999'. To diagnose if your
      problem
      is related to 'so', can you do these when this happens :

      (1) ':set so?'
      (2) if it is not 0, then ':verbose set so?'
      (3) if it is not 0, then you can try ':set so=0'

      BTW I use 'set so=999' all the time and it does not slow me down.
      If your case is related to 'so', then ':verbose set so?' will show
      you which script possibly turned it on.

      > Flickering like mad. I have to restart VIM a bunch of times (usually 2-3
      > times) to have it operate correctly e.g. have the cursor scroll rather
      > the entire Window.

      Yakov
      --

      iler_ml@...

    • Ali Akcaagac
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006

        I see, I am going to test this and report back.