Re: :tab all

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      Johnny Blaze wrote:

      > ":tab all" isn't working as expected (I think :-)
      >
      > gvim 1.txt 2.txt 3.txt 4.txt 5.txt 6.txt
      >
      > :tab all
      > :tabs
      >
      > Tab page 1
      > 1.txt
      > Tab page 2
      > 2.txt
      > 3.txt
      > 4.txt
      > 5.txt
      > 6.txt
      >
      > instead of each argument being on its own tab page. I have tested
      > this with MSVC7/Win-32, and Gentoo/gcc/gtk2-gnome.

      I know, this hasn't been implemented yet. You can use "vim -p *.txt".

      I was cutting down on new commands for the tab pages. Does this one
      really need to be added? I'll see how much work it is.

      > Also with the 2/28/2006 CVS, on Gentoo with GTK2 I get
      >
      > (vim:15581): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from 'GtkVBox' to
      > 'BonoboDockItem'

      That's when compiling with Gnome, right? I'm waiting for someone to
      look into this. This GUI stuff is taking too much of my time.

      --
      For a moment, nothing happened.
      Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.

    • mzyzik@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
        > I know, this hasn't been implemented yet. You can use "vim -p *.txt".
        >
        > I was cutting down on new commands for the tab pages. Does this one
        > really need to be added? I'll see how much work it is.

        I think ":tab all" is a good idea; and it should be easy to implement.