:tab all

  • Johnny Blaze
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      Bram,

      ":tab all" isn't working as expected (I think :-)

      gvim 1.txt 2.txt 3.txt 4.txt 5.txt 6.txt

      :tab all
      :tabs

      Tab page 1
      1.txt
      Tab page 2
      2.txt
      3.txt
      4.txt
      5.txt
      6.txt

      instead of each argument being on its own tab page. I have tested
      this with MSVC7/Win-32, and Gentoo/gcc/gtk2-gnome.

      Also with the 2/28/2006 CVS, on Gentoo with GTK2 I get

      (vim:15581): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from 'GtkVBox' to
      'BonoboDockItem'

      --

      . o O pyromancer O o .
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
        Johnny Blaze wrote:

        > ":tab all" isn't working as expected (I think :-)
        >
        > gvim 1.txt 2.txt 3.txt 4.txt 5.txt 6.txt
        >
        > :tab all
        > :tabs
        >
        > Tab page 1
        > 1.txt
        > Tab page 2
        > 2.txt
        > 3.txt
        > 4.txt
        > 5.txt
        > 6.txt
        >
        > instead of each argument being on its own tab page. I have tested
        > this with MSVC7/Win-32, and Gentoo/gcc/gtk2-gnome.

        I know, this hasn't been implemented yet. You can use "vim -p *.txt".

        I was cutting down on new commands for the tab pages. Does this one
        really need to be added? I'll see how much work it is.

        > Also with the 2/28/2006 CVS, on Gentoo with GTK2 I get
        >
        > (vim:15581): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from 'GtkVBox' to
        > 'BonoboDockItem'

        That's when compiling with Gnome, right? I'm waiting for someone to
        look into this. This GUI stuff is taking too much of my time.

        --
        For a moment, nothing happened.
        Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.

      • mzyzik@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
          > I know, this hasn't been implemented yet. You can use "vim -p *.txt".
          >
          > I was cutting down on new commands for the tab pages. Does this one
          > really need to be added? I'll see how much work it is.

          I think ":tab all" is a good idea; and it should be easy to implement.