Re: Syntax file for R help files

  • Johannes Ranke
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
      * Thomas <sanobast-vimdev@...> [060301 16:30]:
      > >It appears in the file "rd" is used as the name, thus the file would be
      > >called "rd.vim".
      >
      > There is an rd format used for ruby documentation (it's becoming less
      > popular though as rdoc gains popularity -- IMHO & as I see it). Maybe
      > "rhelp.vim"?

      rhelp.vim would be fine. In order to recognize R help files the pattern

      can be used because, it is a necessary component in order to define the
      name of the object being documented. I have no idea if this pattern is
      likely to appear in a ruby documentation file, though.

      If so, the pattern

      "\\title{"

      is also necessary for a valid R help file.

      --
      Dr. Johannes Ranke jranke@...
      UFT Bremen, Leobenerstr. 1 +49 421 218 8971