Re: Syntax file for R help files

  • Johannes Ranke
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 6:27 AM
      * Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> [060301 15:20]:

      > Johannes Ranke wrote:
      >
      > > I recommend it for inclusion in vim. Right now, it's part of my R
      > > filetype plugin on vim.org (debian package availabe).
      >
      > I can include it in the distribution. Please e-mail me a copy directly.

      That's great. I was hesitant to post it to the list, but it is not that
      big...

      > It appears in the file "rd" is used as the name, thus the file would be
      > called "rd.vim".

      see attachment.

      > How are these files recognized?

      I think recognition based on their extension .rd or .Rd is sufficient,
      as I don't know of any conflicts.

      Hannes

      --
      Dr. Johannes Ranke jranke@...
      UFT Bremen, Leobenerstr. 1 +49 421 218 8971
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 7:25 AM
        > It appears in the file "rd" is used as the name, thus the file would be
        > called "rd.vim".

        There is an rd format used for ruby documentation (it's becoming less
        popular though as rdoc gains popularity -- IMHO & as I see it). Maybe
        "rhelp.vim"?

        Cheers,
        Thomas.
      • Johannes Ranke
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1 7:41 AM
          * Thomas <sanobast-vimdev@...> [060301 16:30]:
          > >It appears in the file "rd" is used as the name, thus the file would be
          > >called "rd.vim".
          >
          > There is an rd format used for ruby documentation (it's becoming less
          > popular though as rdoc gains popularity -- IMHO & as I see it). Maybe
          > "rhelp.vim"?

          rhelp.vim would be fine. In order to recognize R help files the pattern

          can be used because, it is a necessary component in order to define the
          name of the object being documented. I have no idea if this pattern is
          likely to appear in a ruby documentation file, though.

          If so, the pattern

          "\\title{"

          is also necessary for a valid R help file.