Re: SEGFAULT related to tabline and resize.

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
      Groleo Marius wrote:
      > I just built the latest CVS checkout, and the bug is still reproductible.
      >
      > At line 6887, in screen.c I have
      > #ifdef FEAT_WINDOWS
      > FOR_ALL_TAB_WINDOWS(tp, wp)
      > win_free_lsize(wp);
      > #else
      > win_free_lsize(curwin);
      > #endif
      >
      > The core comes from the attempt to free a NULL pointer
      > (gdb) p wp->w_lines
      > $5 = (wline_T *) 0x0
      >
      > The steps I follow are
      > :tabnew, so the tabline becomes visible.
      > doubleclick an active tab to create new tabs, until they go beyond the closing X
      > now, try to resize the window in which Vim is started.
      > You might need to try to resize it a couple of times.
      >

      > --
      > Regards, Groleo!

      > # touch universe
      > # chmod +x universe
      > # ./universe

      I think I have seen it in W32, but only after setting 'tabline' to empty
      (either manually with my usual vimrc, or implicitly with "gvim -N -u
      NONE"). Downsizing gvim quickly, reducing 'columns' with the mouse to as
      little as it will take, causes gvim to exit. DrWatson does not come up.
      In my vimrc I have an autocommand starting ":au VimLeave * nested if
      v:dying |"... and I believe that it was not triggered.

      With my usual 'tabline' setting, individual tabs don't shrink; if there
      are too many of them they overflow out the left side of the tab line.
      This altered behaviour may explain why in this case Vim doesn't
      disappear in this case.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
        Groleo Marius wrote:

        > I just built the latest CVS checkout, and the bug is still reproductible.
        >
        > At line 6887, in screen.c I have
        > #ifdef FEAT_WINDOWS
        > FOR_ALL_TAB_WINDOWS(tp, wp)
        > =09win_free_lsize(wp);
        > #else
        > win_free_lsize(curwin);
        > #endif
        >
        > The core comes from the attempt to free a NULL pointer
        > (gdb) p wp->w_lines
        > $5 =3D (wline_T *) 0x0
        >
        > The steps I follow are
        > :tabnew, so the tabline becomes visible.
        > doubleclick an active tab to create new tabs, until they go beyond the clos=
        > ing X
        > now, try to resize the window in which Vim is started.
        > You might need to try to resize it a couple of times.

        OK, I managed to reproduce the problem with the help of the efence
        library. The tabline was made too long, writing past the number of
        columns. I have fixed it.

        25. You believe nothing looks sexier than a man in boxer shorts illuminated
        only by a 17" inch svga monitor.