Re: gvim7: gui.txt doc/:version inconsistency

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2006
      Zdenek Sekera wrote:
      > The gui.txt:28 says one will see +GUI_Athena,
      > +GUI_GTK, (etc) in :version output depending how
      > vim was compiled.
      >
      > I can't find that, the closest I can see is
      > "Normal version with X11-Motif GUI"
      > "Normal version with GTK2 GUI".
      >
      > Reconcile gui.txt with reality.
      > I prefer gui.txt way.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > ---Zdenek

      I think this behaviour was changed between versions 5 and 6 of gvim.
      Apparently Bram forgot to update that help file at the same time.

      To check if gvim has, for instance, a Motif GUI you can still do

      :echo has("gui_motif")

      The answer is zero for no (feature not present), nonzero (usually 1) for
      yes (feature present). Similarly of the other GUI flavours, as listed
      under ":help feature-list":

      gui_athena
      gui_gtk
      gui_gtk2 (gui_gtk will also be TRUE in this case)
      gui_kde
      gui_mac
      gui_motif
      gui_photon
      gui_win32
      gui_win32s

      To determine visually which of all the possible GUI flavours is present,
      the advantage of the new system is that we mustn't hunt for +gui_ among
      all the features: it's there at the top. Similarly, in my W32 versions
      of gvim(d) I see:

      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0aa ALPHA (2006 Feb 26, compiled Feb 27 2006 01:22:57)
      MS-Windows 32 bit GUI version with OLE support
      Compiled by antoine.mechelynck@...
      Big version with GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):

      etc.